Buying a lot
You know you want to build a home, but you're not quite ready to jump in with both feet. Get started by purchasing the perfect place to build and get your feet wet before you dive in. We offer financing options for various future home sites, such as residential lots or rural acreage. It's just one of the many reasons why we are Your Bank of First Choice.
If you want to shop with confidence, look to us for a pre-qualification. We can review your information before you start shopping and give you a conditional approval. That way, you clearly know that you can proceed once you find the perfect place to build. It is an easy process to start, just contact us today.
Your realtor can help you identify lots that are for sale in the area you would like to build. Additionally, our subsidiary, Western Plains Service Corporation, has several lots for sale in the Hays and Victoria communities. As you shop, you may want to consider the following:
- What are the neighborhood covenants? You will want to find out if the site is governed by any specific rules, often referred to as covenants. If so, you should review the covenants and be comfortable following these rules when you build your home.
- Consider access to utilities. For rural properties, you should think about how you will get water and sewer services to your new home. There may be regulations governing new water wells and wastewater systems that you need to consider as well.
- Think about ordering a survey. This is especially important for a rural property that is being split into multiple parcels as you will need to know the official boundaries of your site when you begin to build your home.
- Are there any special assessments? These are additional charges that are due at the same time as your property taxes. These assessments help to offset the cost of developing the infrastructure in the community where your lot is located.
- You will need about a 25% down payment for your home site purchase.
- Repayment can be structured over 5 years.
- The interest rate is fixed.
When to build
Determining the best time to build is ultimately up to you. With our flexible financing options, you can purchase your home site years before you decide to construct your home or we can set up construction loan financing at the same time as your purchase. Whenever you decide to build, we will be here to help you with the construction financing.